AcanChia – Modern Food with Long Tradition
The company name is derived from the years of experience and expertise (cultivation, research, development and sales) with plant-derived raw materials especially chia seeds. The addition Acan is originated from the Nahuatl language of the descendants of the Aztecs. Here the term “acan quenami” means something healthy and whole, without flaws. Acan in the company name AcanChia expresses that the cultivation of high quality food – especially chia seeds – has top priority. Simultaneously the term honors the efforts of the indigenous population in Latin America for the preservation and the production of valuable food. We stress that we adapt together these food to the requirements of modern times – with respect to cultivation, quality and product development.
AcanChia in Kümmersbruck is an international oriented company with partners and activities all over the world.
AcanChia is especialized in high quality plant derived materials from Latin-America that can be used for the production of food.
AcanChia is following the principles of sustainable resource management and fair trade.
AcanChia is a certified importer according to EU-regulations for organic agriculture.
AcanChia provides, tests and develops modern foods with a long tradition to provide consumers with high-quality foods in order to retain their vitality and health.
- Longtime experience in trading with plant derived materials from Latin-America for the markets in Asia and Europe (emphasis on gluten-free, organic and fair trade products)
- Control of the production at place in Latin-America by personnel of the AcanChia team
- Worldwide contacts with food-trading companies and industry
- Organic certified, own brand AcanChia (own product development and marketing)
- Expertise and international cooperation in research and development to improve cultivation and quality of the products as well as development of new products
- Uninterrupted availability of the plant derived materials
- Quality management of the plant derived materials
- AcanChia provides transparency and reliability for cultivation, processing, distribution and processing of import transactions
Services and products of AcanChia:
- Sourcing of plant derived products from Latin-America
Pseudocereals, herbal teas and others: e.g. amaranth, quinoa, lemon verbena
- Processing of those materials and development of finished products (own brands and white labels) with special emphasis in organic and fair production
- Marketing of high-quality food (“superfoods”), focus on organic products like AcanChia
Plant derived materials and products are the basis for a modern, diversified and healthy nutrition.